Friday, September 11, 2009

purple fingers

I sit here typing, my fingers stained purple, my forehead damp from billowing stovetop steam and feeling for the moment: just plain satisfied! Though my once clean kitchen is now a mess that I will reckon with later, six gleaming jars of wild grape jelly sit proudly on my counter, just waiting to be seen by my grape-loving husband :)

I'm also famished, so just as the last jar was scooped full of dark purple liquid, it's cover tightened and set beside the others, I was preparing a small meal for moi! Leftover spaghetti sauce sauced up a bit with sauteed onions & mushrooms, black olives and a generous (overly?) amount of olive oil. Beside that concoction I put on a pot of simmering quinoa and man, I am HUNGRY!

My secret *project* will be unveiled tonight as my hubby, E, comes home from a week-long business trip to Maryland. After I tell him, I will tell you, too! I have been oh-so-proud of the results from hard work put in this week. Can't wait to share more!

I hear jelly lids sealing in the kitchen~ reminds me to check the quinoa~ Ciao for now!

*J*

No comments:

Post a Comment