Thursday, September 17, 2009

just Me


This process of "becoming" who we're meant to be is arduous. It's rocky. And bumpy. It seems there are so many layers to it, of discovering and losing and advancing.
I used to be a drama queen. 
It's true. And now? What would people say? Boring, perhaps. Quiet. 
No, it's not really true. It's that The layers are in constant motion, converging, diverging, and converging again. In fact the drama queen in me is still there. It's just that now, a deeper layer is coming forth, breaking open and it's deepening me. So that I'm not only a drama queen, but a thinker; a counselor; a prayer minister; a warrior.
And so I'm a bit of everything, while not doing everything.
People who meet me now will not know what I was then~ People I knew then would not recognize me now.
But it's still me.
And maybe 10 years from now, as I'm surfing through my mid-thirties, I'll put on my pink sunglasses, get out my microphone & dramatize again...
But for now, I'm me. 
Me is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment