Monday, September 14, 2009

the Project has a Name

i Unicycle.

There- i said it! That, my friends, is the *project* that has taken up my hours this last week as E has been out of town for business.

This is a bigger deal on the inside of me than it may appear on the outside as I (quite impressively) soar across our apartment parking lot on one solitary wheel.

you see, i did not think i could learn to unicycle. and Therefore, i did not want to learn to unicycle. ahh, you see how it is, don't you? "I'm not like them (E's family)," I'd think. "I don't do things like that." But secretly, I would wish I could...

So when E gave me a shining purple unicycle for my 24th birthday, I knew I was in between a rock and a hard place. Face my fears of not being able to ride and try, orr hurt E's feelings. Oh what a predicament!

I didn't try for awhile. 8 months to be exact. But last week, as leaves began to turn brilliant shades of red & orange and as the air began to cool and E left town for a week, I knew.

And so I secretly did it. I practiced twice a day, morning and night, and gained a reputation around the parking lot :) Unicycles fascinate people. And now I have joined their world, and a bit more of my husband's world. The Unicycling world.

And I'm so happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment